Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back from the vet. Chazz is still feeling pretty puny. He had his eye, examined, flushed, stained, swabbed, wiped, eye-dropped, dilated, and pressure checked. He was prescribed pain meds, eye-drops, anti-biotics, other eye-drops, and he got a steroid shot in the office. Phew. And they're not 100% sure what's causing the problem.

Don't get me wrong. I did a lot of research before deciding on a vet hospital for my dog. I think these people are good, professional, who know their stuff. Their pricing structure is fair & equitable. It's just difficult when they tell you your dog is in pain, they're not sure if he's going to get better, they want to do blood work and other testing, on & on. I feel like a deadbeat mommy cause I can't just tell them to do anything and everything.  It's very upsetting.

But it doesn't really matter what I feel, it's the animal that counts.  I gave Chazz some food & hid his pain pill in that. I just gave him his eye drops, so will see how he does for the rest of the evening.  Okay I gotta go. I've kept him in all afternoon, and I think he is doing the doggy version of the pee-pee dance.  later......

No comments:

Post a Comment