Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waste Not Want Not - Dog Owners Rule

Quality dog food, treats, etc. are expensive. Sheesh! Given that is the case, I don't want to waste anything I get for Chazz. I also am very interested in varying his diet so he is always excited about his meals....

So, I bought these little biscuits and Chazz doesn't like them. Not to be outdone I came up with this solution and I am passing it on. Feel free to give it a try, it just may work out for you & your picky eater.

Put biscuits into a plastic container. Add a portion of water & milk, a few tablespoons depending on how much biscuit you have to use up. Enough to just barely cover the top of the biscuits. Place in refrigerator and let soak overnight. Next morning, microwave for a short time - be careful not to get it too hot -  and put into dog's bowl & serve. 

Sometimes I add a little crumbled slice of American Cheese as a garnish. (Chazz loves his cheese slices)  Chazz gobbles this up for breakfast or snack. The taste is good, and he forgets he didn't like it from before. I call it his hot cereal. This has worked with two different flavors of biscuits.

And no, I don't buy him biscuits any longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment