Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Breakfast

Even though Chazz is not a Mom, I wanted him to have a special breakfast today. He is after all the "daddy" to all his little stuffed animal babies - Seymour (Sea Lion), Baby Duck, Donald (The Donkey),Birdie, and Eldon (The Elephant), who by the way Chazz doesn't know about the elephant yet.

He had broiled chicken, mashed yams and white potatoes, and a little green beans. That's right I cooked for the dog. lol  Right before I got Chazz I read all this stuff online about making your own dog food. Well, I thought I was going to do that,cheaper, healthier.... but no not so much. So recently on a very warm day I thought I would test out a few things. With a brand of yogurt that turned out  he did not care for...I made him peanut butter and yogurt ice cream. Froze them in mini ice cube trays...he loves 'em! Not such a big hit was fresh spinach, and orange juice pops. But I will keep trying.

Varying his diet just to keep him interested is key. Of course he has his favorite brand of "crunchies" dry dog food that he gets everyday. And then there are The Treats! Oh boy, several different brands of treats I have come to buy for him. Bil-Jac, Zukes, Mother Hubbard to name his favorites. He gets those for training or in his treat ball. Treat ball, that was a really good purchase. He has to work for the treats, as he moves the ball with either his snout or his paw to get the opening to shoot out the little treats. I fill the treat ball daily and I give him two sessions with it. The cooked food is just for once in awhile.  Okay gotta go see what he's up to outside....

No comments:

Post a Comment