Wednesday, June 1, 2011

4:32 AM

I just woke a sleepy Chazz and gave him his pain medication, wrapped in some processed cheese of course. He managed to spit it out twice, but I finally got it past him buried in some stew.  His eye looks a lot better and that's good. We have a "no charge" recheck appointment this afternoon.

I'm still gnawing on this whole financial aspect at the vets. It makes a dog owner feel crummy, when you look like you can't afford to give your animal all the best treatments. I'm not sure about this issue. I mean I get it, the vet is a business. They have to get paid for services. But good grief, does it have to be so expensive?  In April I had Chazz's teeth cleaned. That was a bargain at $125.00.  I've seen it advertised at over $250.00. He had a wellness exam that started at $38.00 and I walked out of there 20 minutes later and paid $111.15. He was diagnosed with a slight ear infection.  This of course now becomes the argument for pet insurance. I've compared a few plans online; and have been thinking about purchasing some.

What has been your experience with paying for vet services where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment